Would like to apply

For applying to join JG51, JG77, or TK
Awghst

Would like to apply

Post by Awghst »

Hi, saw a recruiting message on the Warbirds forums and I'd be interested in joining up with you all for the S3s and just to have some people to wing with in the main.

I've just started to get back into flight sims more after a very long break. I started my online flying with RB3D, and then moved to Air Warrior by the hour on AOHell. I stayed with AW to the end, most of the time flying with the +GHOST+ squad. When they moved on to AH and changed to a ' score monger' squad, I moved to Warbirds and played here for 2 or 3 years. Never joined a squad then, but really enjoyed the one night walk on events, cant remember what they were called.. Since then I flew with 27th Sentai in the AH ava arena for a few months around 2006 and popped in here every few years for a week or so. At my best I'd say I was above average but not great in a pure fighter, mediocre at best as a buffer and jabo. 109s are my favorite ride

Obviously I'm totally rusty, and I'm playing on a laptop with a logitech wingman 3D. Guinea pigs ate my headset wires, but I have a new one on the way. I'm re-reading Shaw to refresh myself with wingman tactics. Being retired, I'm pretty open as far as times and days, my only regular commitment is 4:30 -dark est on Sundays when I do volunteer work.

So anyway I'd like to tag along with you a few times and see if I could be a good fit.

Hope I pass the audition :)
-tmoa-
Site Admin

Re: Would like to apply

Post by -tmoa- »

Awghst,

Welcome! We still fly in the S3’s and will be assigned Axis most of the time. Do not expect any favors from the S3 planners and expect to be outnumbered. Always.

S3 events happen on Sunday evenings at 2030 Eastern Time. Not all members can attend at that time.

The amount of squadron participation in the Main Arena varies by player. Having TeamSpeak available is a big plus as voice communication is optimal.

If you see a squaddie in the Main, we often like to work together and TeamSpeak, once again, is helpful.

To get “into” the squadron, one of us needs to be logged in at the same time as you so that we can send you an in game invitation. That’s it.

If all that sounds good to you, welcome aboard!
<S>
Nick

Awghst

Re: Would like to apply

Post by Awghst »

<S> Nick,
That all sounds great.
It sounds like the S3 planners are much like the Scenario design teams from Air Warrior and Aces High . I flew in about 8 of those between the 2 games, axis all but twice. Always outnumbered as well.

I am familiar with TeamSpeak and have it setup, just waiting for a new headset that should be in by next Wednesday. Would not want to walk onto my first S3 this Sunday without voice comms.

So when I pop in the main if I see any JG-51 or Tainan Kokutai I can introduce myself and ask for an invite? Is there any time more squad members might be on? Otherwise I'll just look for you all an hour or so before the next S3 frame after this Sunday starts.

Look forward to meeting you all in the unfriendly skies!