Something I have to say.

A place for Friends of Luftflotte 6
poog

Something I have to say.

Post by poog »

To my Squad friends,

A man I call "my friend" passed away early yesterday morning. He has been a co-worker
of mine for over 20 years and - despite the frequent arguments and heated discussions - he had my back and I hope he knew I had his.
He was sick - diabetes and complications - for a while and despite signs that he was getting well his heart gave out on him now he is gone. He was a loner - ex-military, divorced and too opinionated to have a "love" relationship last long and his "friends" were few and far between. According to the nurses, there were two visitors to his bedside -another co-worker and myself.
What I want to express to you - my virtual friends - is the importance of leaving
contact information. I know most of you have significant others who would be able to help with this. But, I have spent the last 24 hours sifting through this guy's life trying to find his family.
It finally came down to breaking into his gmail account ( I set it up for him and know his password preferences) and contacting his sisters a day after he's gone and two weeks after he went into hospital.
That's very sad and I would hate to have it happen to anyone else I know.

That's it - I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

poog
drdart
Site Admin

Re: Something I have to say.

Post by drdart »

Sorry to hear of the loss of your co-worker / friend. My condolences got out to his family and to you poog.
<S>

Generalmajor Doc
@doctrdart

impita

Re: Something I have to say.

Post by impita »

I send my condolences to his family and to you. He was lucky to have friend like you. Salute to you for helping sir.

<S>impita